Court Order Modification

Once a decree of divorce is signed by the judge, certain matters cannot be changed. Only in very unusual situations can orders dividing property and debts be altered.

On the other hand, orders concerning children can be changed if circumstances change. Child support can be raised or lowered if the income of the paying party fluctuates, if the cost of raising the child changes, or for other reasons. Orders concerning child custody may be changed if a parent is not capable of properly caring for a child or mistreats the child. Parental possession of the child can be altered if a parent moves a considerable distance away from the other parent or fails to visit the child regularly.

More information is available on our page “Modification – What Can Be Changed.”

Call our Frisco office at 972-387-9955, to arrange a consultation with an experienced Texas Family Lawyer.