Marc May | Texas Family Law Attorney | Frisco TX
Marc R. May has practiced law for 35 years, with special emphasis on family law matters. Marc is experienced, hardworking and dedicated in his efforts to offer quality family law representation. He has practiced family law since 1980 and has been certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1986. During that time, he has been committed to protecting the rights of his clients and their children. During his career, he has represented thousands of clients in cases involving divorce, property division, child support and visitation, adoption, paternity, modification and other family law matters.
Marc’s extensive experience includes obtaining results for his clients that are in the best interest of their children. During his career, he has also been involved in assisting clients with complex divorces involving the division of substantial assets, closely held family businesses, and investments of significant value.
Marc May is well-versed in all aspects of family law and aggressively pursues his clients’ interests through the use of his skills as a litigator and negotiator. His approach involves taking an aggressive stand when necessary. At the same time, he understands the value of resolving matters amicably, if possible. To that end, he often uses alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, in an attempt to negotiate fair and equitable settlements for his clients.
As a parent, Marc understands the possible emotional impact that family law can have on children. When the issues involve children, he therefore works diligently to achieve a resolution that is in the best interest of the children.
Marc understands that during the legal process, you will be faced with numerous choices and options. He firmly believes that open communication with his clients is crucial in order to achieve the best possible results. As your legal representative, he will keep you informed to help you understand the potential consequences of any choice or legal action. Together, he will work with you to reach decisions designed to achieve the best possible outcome under the circumstances of your case.
Whether it is assisting you in negotiations, preparing correct legal documentation or taking your case to court, Marc will use his education and experience to provide the highest quality, most creative, and strongest representation possible. He will also advise you as to the current state of the law as it applies to the particular issues in your case.
In addition to his family law practice, Marc also represents clients in commercial litigation and personal injury matters.
- Woods, May & Matlock, P.C., shareholder
- Gay, McCall, Isaacks, Gordon, May & Roberts, P.C., partner
- Law Offices of Marc R. May, P.C., shareholder
Bar & Court Admission
- State Bar Of Texas, 1980
- Admitted to practice before all trial courts in the State Of Texas, Texas Courts of Appeals and Supreme Court of Texas
Certifications & Recognitions
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1986
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyer for Family Law, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, (Thomson-Reuters publication)
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Texas Academy of Family Specialists
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association
- Frisco Bar Association
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude, 1980
- Angelo State University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1977